About the Program
The Evolve Law Tech Fellowship is a four-month program for in-house counsel and legal operations professionals interested in learning best practices for choosing and implementing legal technologies. Our inaugural program on document automation technologies will put Fellows through a fast-paced, accelerator style program that will replicate a full product selection and implementation project. It includes educational content, training on product development and design thinking, product demos and hands-on implementation support.
Evolve Law is a community of 100+ legal entrepreneurs and early adopters dedicated to being a catalyst for the accelerated adoption of technology and innovation in the legal industry. Evolve Law produces 20+ events per year around the US and Canada, content including podcasts, blogs, videos and social media amplification, Evolve Law Jobs as a resource for people who want to work in legal tech, and the LegalTech Toolkit for attorneys who want to incorporate more technology into their practice.
Phase One: Application
Eligible Fellow candidates must apply here no later than Friday, June 30th.
Phase Two: Review and Selection
Applications will be reviewed by an Evolve Law committee and up to 20 Fellows will be selected. Interviews may be conducted as needed. Accepted finalists notified by email on July 14, 2017.
- Innovator Applications Due: Friday, June 2, 2017
- Fellow Applications Due: Friday, June 30, 2017
- Fellows Notified: Friday, July 14, 2017
- Acceptance: Friday, August 4, 2017
- Program starts: Thursday, September 7, 2017
To be considered for the Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Full time in-house attorney or legal operations professional
- Ownership of budget and ability to spend part of this budget on document automation software
- Support from senior leadership in the organization
- Enthusiasm for legal technology
- Understanding of what it means to work with emerging companies and new products
- Submission of a complete application with all required documents by the application deadline (June 30)
- Ability to attend all 4 dates during the day in-person in NYC:
- Thursday, September 7, 2017 (1PM – 7PM)
- Friday, September 8, 2017 (9AM – 7PM)
- Friday, October 13, 2017 (1PM – 7:00PM)
- Friday, November 3, 2017 (1PM – 7:30PM)
- If accepted, you or your company will pay the $1,500 participation fee prior to the first day of the program